Architecture can be interpreted in many different ways such as seeing it as part of architecture landscape and how one building compares to another through old vs new or through a minimalist view of lines, curves or symmetry.
1. Look at works of others who enjoy photographing architecture as there are many different styles to choose from.
2. Don’t be afraid to experiment in different styles of architecture photography. This will help in defining what you love to capture.
3. Experiment with post processing as it takes time to define your style. For example, it wasn’t until recently that I discovered a style of post processing which defines what I enjoy in my architecture photos.
4. Don’t be afraid to go shoot the same buildings or structures as you may see something you didn’t capture the first time. In addition, weather can often produce a more dramatic shot than the first time you visited.
5. Get out and shoot photos as much as you can.
Architecture Photography Tips